General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
OzFlo
    Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:16 pm

Hi All,

Has anyone had any experience with BossSafe helmets and in particular the mega view range?

Flo
Harry72
    Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 am

How much are they charging for them?

The specs look pretty good and grind mode can be selected from the outside by the looks so thats a bonus!
Pay to check out the head band set up as thats where most fail 1st :roll:

I like the Vixen decals :lol:
OzFlo

Hi Harry,

Depending on the vendor the prices I have seen are anywhere from $199-$250.. I was considering going down the Cigweld Prolite path (and I may still) but that"s a nice big viewing area on the BossSafe and its cheaper than a Lincoln Viking 3350..

Flo
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

You can buy an ex demo speedglas from Eweld.com.au for a great price. 300 odd for a 100v graphics one or a little more for a 9100xxi

Sent from my ZTE T83 using Tapatalk
OzFlo

Hi Mike,

I wasn't looking at spending that sort of coin on a helmet so are Speedglas helmets (especially the low end 100 series) really going to give me bang for my buck? On paper there appear to be other manufacturers that offer higher spec helmets for the same money. Why should I choose a Speedglas over another helmet?

The can be dear, but the are the best in the business. That's why Eweld is so cool, they are the sole direct importer of SG, so they can bring the price down. They even have give aways on their page.

OzFlo

weldin mike 27 wrote:The can be dear, but the are the best in the business. That's why Eweld is so cool, they are the sole direct importer of SG, so they can bring the price down. They even have give aways on their page.
Looks like one has to be quick to score demo unit..

Lincoln Viking helmets are pretty good, I hear.