General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
    Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:20 pm

UPS just dropped off this package from the James F. Lincoln foundation. From what I understand these are must have books for anyone serious about welding.

Brian
Brian

Miller Thunderbolt 225 AC/DC
Everlast 255EXT with W300 cooler
Hobo Freight 170 MIG Welder
MickStephens
    Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:42 pm

I used to love getting books on the topic I want to learn about. In this day and age, with YouTube, forums like this and Google, we seem to forget the good old text book hey.

I bought "Metals..." on Jody's recommendation in one of his videos. Excellent book. There are a few others from the Lincoln Foundation on my list to get and "Structures" is one of them. I like the YouTube videos and such, but nothing really beats sitting down with a book and studying...except maybe getting out in the shop and practicing what you studied.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
    Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:11 pm

The best deal in welding books going !
Gerald Austin
If I didn't say it in the post- Have a great day !
Greeneville Tn
WWShop
    Tue Dec 22, 2015 8:38 pm

My Metals book arrived a few days ago too. I also found the Welding Encyclopedia 15th edition like was mentioned on Jodys dvds but haven't looked through it yet.
jeffBrian
    Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:36 am

I haven't had a chance to order any of the recommended books. I eventually will.. I will admit to sitting down with my books from welding school. looking at the notes and things is neat. it's only been 4 years for me so mine are still in fair condition.