General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

My friend is retiring and building a new garage and wants to buy a welder. He doesn't want anything really big and was interested when I told him about the multi-process machines on the market. He wants the best bang for his buck. I have limited knowledge in those types of machines. He just wants to be able to hobby weld. What are his options? Thanks in advance!
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

If l didn't ever intend to tig aluminum, I'd get a Lincoln PowerMig 210. The foot pedal and tig torch can be added later if needed. Will mig and stick weld out of the box.

Take a look at the thread in this forum titled "Your .03 Worth" same/similar question
Richard
Website
exnailpounder

LtBadd wrote:Take a look at the thread in this forum titled "Your .03 Worth" same/similar question
I was just looking at the Tweco Fabricator 211 ....man what a deal! I have good machines and I have no complaints but OMG I almost want to buy one just because they are great machines at an awesome price.

exnailpounder wrote:
LtBadd wrote:Take a look at the thread in this forum titled "Your .03 Worth" same/similar question
I was just looking at the Tweco Fabricator 211 ....man what a deal! I have good machines and I have no complaints but OMG I almost want to buy one just because they are great machines at an awesome price.
I've got a Tweco 211i, and I love it. Great machine. And like you say, a hell of a deal.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
exnailpounder

ldbtx wrote:
exnailpounder wrote:
I've got a Tweco 211i, and I love it. Great machine. And like you say, a hell of a deal.
Thanks for the favorable review. I told him about the 211 and I think that is going to be his choice. He is having the wiring done in his garage this week. Any special power needs? I told him 50 amps should be plenty for this machine. I run my 2 welders on a 50 amp breaker and have never had a problem.

exnailpounder wrote: Thanks for the favorable review. I told him about the 211 and I think that is going to be his choice. He is having the wiring done in his garage this week. Any special power needs? I told him 50 amps should be plenty for this machine. I run my 2 welders on a 50 amp breaker and have never had a problem.
No special power needs. It comes with a NEMA 6-50P on the power cord, and draws a max of 32 amps on 240V. The 50A circuit will do just fine. That's what I'm running mine on.
Miller Bobcat 225
Tweco Fabricator 211i
AHP AlphaTIG 200x
Lincoln SP-135+
Hypertherm Powermax 30 Air
ProStar O/A torch
exnailpounder

ldbtx wrote:
exnailpounder wrote: Thanks for the favorable review. I told him about the 211 and I think that is going to be his choice. He is having the wiring done in his garage this week. Any special power needs? I told him 50 amps should be plenty for this machine. I run my 2 welders on a 50 amp breaker and have never had a problem.
No special power needs. It comes with a NEMA 6-50P on the power cord, and draws a max of 32 amps on 240V. The 50A circuit will do just fine. That's what I'm running mine on.
Thank you!