General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
infernoST
    Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:12 am

Hi All
Got my present today, now I have to get my butt in gear and get the consumables. I didn't know it came with two torches, YAY

Keith
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

WOW.

NIce! Congratulations...you are going to have so much fun.

Kym
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Kind of jealous. Best of luck with your new machine heard nothing but good things about those machines. Must be nice to have someone buy you nice machines.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick

Farmwelding wrote:Kind of jealous. Best of luck with your new machine heard nothing but good things about those machines. Must be nice to have someone buy you nice machines.
If the OP is anything like me, his family possibly buy him gifts like these...with his own money!

But it's all good. Enjoy that green machine!

Kym
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

MosquitoMoto wrote:
Farmwelding wrote:Kind of jealous. Best of luck with your new machine heard nothing but good things about those machines. Must be nice to have someone buy you nice machines.
If the OP is anything like me, his family possibly buy him gifts like these...with his own money!

But it's all good. Enjoy that green machine!

Kym
Yeah but they'll buy something with your money that you wouldn't buy for yourself so it's kind of a win.
infernoST

Thanks Guys, now to start learning how to use it.

That's exactly how it is MosquitomMoto.
Keith

infernoST wrote:Thanks Guys, now to start learning how to use it.

That's exactly how it is MosquitomMoto.

Nice to know!

Your machine is very similar to mine - I reckon with regular seat time you'll learn your way around it in short order. Have fun, I'm sure you will.

Kym
    Sun May 01, 2016 7:46 am

WOW! You must have been a very good boy.
AWS D1.1 / ASME IX / CWB / API / EWI / RWMA / BSEE
Scientists have substituted mathematics for experiments, and they wander off through equation after equation, and eventually build a structure which has no relation to reality." Nikola Tesla

Looks like a nice setup, get it going and post the pics!
Richard
Website
infernoST

DLewis0289 wrote:WOW! You must have been a very good boy.
I think it's more like all of the planets aligned for one brief moment. My 50th B'day on Fathers day. :D
Keith
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

You're going to fall in love with that machine. I have the 255EXT and it's a real work horse. I've been trying to learn to weld stainless for the last few days and the guys on here have been extremely helpful in that regard. One of them showed me how to use the pulse settings to weld stainless. That was a mind blowing experience. The pulse made perfect welds on the very first try. They are so perfect that it would be almost imposible to do it any other way. I didn't put any stock into those pulse settings up until yeaterday. Now I'm beginning to wonder if there are any other applications for pulse that make that sort of night and day difference. Good luck with your machine brother. That's one helluva nice gift!
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
infernoST

RamboBaby wrote:You're going to fall in love with that machine. I have the 255EXT and it's a real work horse. I've been trying to learn to weld stainless for the last few days and the guys on here have been extremely helpful in that regard. One of them showed me how to use the pulse settings to weld stainless. That was a mind blowing experience. The pulse made perfect welds on the very first try. They are so perfect that it would be almost imposible to do it any other way. I didn't put any stock into those pulse settings up until yeaterday. Now I'm beginning to wonder if there are any other applications for pulse that make that sort of night and day difference. Good luck with your machine brother. That's one helluva nice gift!
Thanks brother, it's gonna take a bit before I can get started. For starters I'm limited to 120vac @ 20amps currently I need to have my brother Inlaw to give me a hand pulling 4 number 6's out to the garage so I a can feed her properly. I'm waiting for my tungstens to arrive (should have been here yesterday), also have to fetch some filler metal and OH YEAH the bottle of argon. I would say in about another week I will be able to fire her up and start on 120 another 3 weeks for the 220vac operation . Can't wait
Keith
    Fri May 27, 2016 11:00 am

#10 wire is rated for 30 amps. #6 is serious overkill.
Man, it took me almost a year to get a bottle of argon.
Raymond
Everlast PowerTIG 255EXT
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

Go ahead and run #6. That way there will never be a problem with plugging anything in to the recepticle . It's easier and cheaper to do it right than to do it over.
infernoST

RamboBaby wrote:#10 wire is rated for 30 amps. #6 is serious overkill.
Man, it took me almost a year to get a bottle of argon.
Installing the wiring isn't going to be an issue I do it for a living (IBEW Local #3). I know 6 is a bit oversized but I have to consider the distance which is about 150' and the plug on the Welder is 50amps so I wouldn't run any conductor that is smaller than the wiring on the device, you would be asking for trouble should something short within the welder.
Keith
infernoST

sedanman wrote:Go ahead and run #6. That way there will never be a problem with plugging anything in to the recepticle . It's easier and cheaper to do it right than to do it over.
Bigger is better in my field.
Keith
infernoST

LtBadd wrote:Looks like a nice setup, get it going and post the pics!
Will do.
Keith