General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
DavidC
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:35 am

Hi Jody

When using silicon bronze on the welding cart video, do you set your amps just low enough not to melt the steel.

Regards Dave
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Yes all brazing is done without melting the base metal. For future reference Jody allows the forum to be a self sufficient machine in which he is not active on. We run this forum.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
DavidC
    Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:35 am

Farmwelding

Thanks very much for that.

Regards Dave
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Farmwelding is right,

Jody told me early on that he didn't want this forum to be "Jody says...", and he wanted it to evolve on it's own. I have to admit, that decision has worked out very well, as this has to be the most civil welding forum I've yet encountered.

That doesn't mean he NEVER participates; Sometimes a question is so specific that his reply is needed and he'll comment. He does at least skim the forum as time permits, and as moderators we'll sometimes email him to draw his attention to a post we feel his input would add value to.

Steve S
John Chamorro
    Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:44 am
    San Antonio Valley Peoples Republic of Californy

Otto Nobedder wrote:Farmwelding is right,

I have to admit, that decision has worked out very well, as this has to be the most civil welding forum I've yet encountered.

Steve S
We can fix that.
I actually have to agree for the most part it a great place for exchanging info. Thanks to most everybody for keeping it civil.
I don't know it all but I'm working on it.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

I have never been able to figure out why there are so many good people here. There is always an asshole or 3 on every forum I have ever participated in and other than a few differences of opinion, everyone here conducts themselves like gentleman all the time. What gives :lol:
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

exnailpounder wrote:I have never been able to figure out why there are so many good people here. There is always an asshole or 3 on every forum I have ever participated in and other than a few differences of opinion, everyone here conducts themselves like gentleman all the time. What gives :lol:
I feel like it has something to do with us all wanting to learn everything about welding and being so intrigued about everything that we don't have time to be jerks.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
sedanman
    Sun Jan 03, 2016 2:54 pm

I know of one jerk.