General welding questions that dont fit in TIG, MIG, Stick, or Certification etc.
burnandreturn
    Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:34 pm

Does anyone know of a welding parameters app for MIG that has metric settable parameters? I know of Millers and LIncolns app but they are not in metric. they list .9mm and1.1 mm wire but not the common 1.0mm wire. Also material thickness is just fraction sizes with the metric equivalent metric size. As in 1/8" (3.2mm) and not actualy 3mm. And they only list the parameters for 75/25 gas for short circuit welding and not the common gas here in Germany of 98/2. They only use that gas for spray transfer. Every LWS that I have checked with here in my region in Germany does not have 75/25 and can't get it.

I just switched to an inverter based MIG set from Kemppi and it welds a whole lot different than my old, old transformer set.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hi there, I would say go to straight to the Kempii website. They are as good a company as any other and will have customer support to match . Since you are in Europe, you should have no troble getting customer help.

Mick