Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Stato
    Fri Apr 13, 2018 10:51 pm

gday.
Come on to the forum to get info about welding much like everyone else i suppose.

I want to buy a new welder and want to get some opinions on it.
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Welcome mate!
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

stato,
welcome.
where are you located?
what kind of welding are you planning on doing?
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Darrin
    Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

Gday mate, Stato? Holden fan fromOz??!!! Only joined recently myself, great guys and great info. What sort of machines you looking at??
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Stato

motox wrote:stato,
welcome.
where are you located?
what kind of welding are you planning on doing?
craig
Lots really, firstly some trailer repairs and truk body modificatons on a tipper body.

Want to make a Aluminium tool rack for my trailer to place all my tools on... but that is a bit down the track.

I have a few body panels on projects with thin sheet i want to patch up.. so will probably need some advice so as not to blow holes in it. .. when i get to it that is.

Im in Melbourne Victoria Australia in a place called Werribee.
Stato

Darrin wrote:Gday mate, Stato? Holden fan fromOz??!!! Only joined recently myself, great guys and great info. What sort of machines you looking at??
Funnily enough.. No... but kinda. The name is from my buissness... kinda.. But.. it sounds like Statesman.. And what is funny is this guy came to my neighbours door and there was a statesman out the front for sale.. and he said "what you doin with the stato, mate?"

The person answering the door worked for me at the time..... and then told me the next day... and then some people started calling me "stato"... And you probably allready know how to say it.. its not Stat-o like Statitstic. you say State-Oh.. Aussies know. It can be a bit lebbo.... hey brother.. what you doing with the State-Oh..

anyway.. Unimig 250 single phase 10 amp. I started a thread about it.. cheers.
Darrin

Stato wrote:
Darrin wrote:Gday mate, Stato? Holden fan fromOz??!!! Only joined recently myself, great guys and great info. What sort of machines you looking at??
Funnily enough.. No... but kinda. The name is from my buissness... kinda.. But.. it sounds like Statesman.. And what is funny is this guy came to my neighbours door and there was a statesman out the front for sale.. and he said "what you doin with the stato, mate?"

The person answering the door worked for me at the time..... and then told me the next day... and then some people started calling me "stato"... And you probably allready know how to say it.. its not Stat-o like Statitstic. you say State-Oh.. Aussies know. It can be a bit lebbo.... hey brother.. what you doing with the State-Oh..

Ha! Awesome mate, i lived in Lara for 6 years, worked at Avalon...living in Gippsland now. Is that the plant unit(on wheels) your looking at or the portable?
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Stato

Darrin wrote:
Stato wrote:

Ha! Awesome mate, i lived in Lara for 6 years, worked at Avalon...living in Gippsland now. Is that the plant unit(on wheels) your looking at or the portable?
So,.. I dont have dedicated 15amp socket.. and i wanted a Unimig 250... so now im looking at the UNIMIG 180 which is supposbly the biggest welder legally fitted with a 10amp plug... guys in the forum told me it still wont work to full capacity... but maybe OK.

That said.. it occured to me today... that maybe i should by a Generator with a 15amp plug, and run it that way... I need a genie for some work anyway.. would cost the same for an electrician to do a 15 amp socket, and suddenly the welder becomes mobile. Thoughts?
Funny enough you say moved to gippsland.. im thinking the same thing.
Darrin

Gday mate, I’m running a 180 amp mig and a 200 tig, both 15 amp plugs running an adaptor i made to a 10 amp socket, I think most houses are wired 20 amps? Ive tripped the breaker once, but starting to think it was my mig crapping out not the power supply. I would go the 250, even if you have to run it on lower amps, you’ve got a more powerful unit if you ever need it, otherwise, the 180 will be great also, mine has taken a flogging on 10 amp wiring/sockets and welded trailer chassis, sheet, all sorts of other crap so I don’t think you’ll be disappointed either way mate. Where in Gippsland you looking mate??
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
Stato

Darrin wrote:Gday mate, I’m running a 180 amp mig and a 200 tig, both 15 amp plugs running an adaptor i made to a 10 amp socket, I think most houses are wired 20 amps? Ive tripped the breaker once, but starting to think it was my mig crapping out not the power supply. I would go the 250, even if you have to run it on lower amps, you’ve got a more powerful unit if you ever need it, otherwise, the 180 will be great also, mine has taken a flogging on 10 amp wiring/sockets and welded trailer chassis, sheet, all sorts of other crap so I don’t think you’ll be disappointed either way mate. Where in Gippsland you looking mate??
Thats what i was thinking.... i used to use a BOC 250r and it was great... but i never used it on 4/4 steps. at most 3/2 I dont have the booklet... so im not sure how many amps that was.. But having the extra grunt around if i ever upgrade sockets etc.. would be nice.

I was looking at propertys all over.. but i think i like Yarram Alberton Woodside area... Its early days.. (i was thinking Buchan or Bemm river even.. but very far away. )

It really appeals to me, housing is very affordable, alot more peaceful and quiet, larger lots. The places around Yarram etc.. all seem to have NBN which for me is a must.. I think Buchan does.. but not bemm river.. Maybe work wouldbe hard if i was looking for a Job, but i work for myself and i dont think i would have trouble finding Projects once i got word out..... im sure not being able to whip off to safeways on a whim or conevnient access to Total tools or something will be something to get used too... but nothing that cant be ordered online nowdays for the most part.
Darrin

Yeah,not much at Bemm River, Yarram is a good little town, more work around there than the other places you mention. Close to good fishing too, we go down Port Albert fishing (i live in Sale) plenty of good beach fishing all around us and rivers, but for boat, port Albert is the go. Buchan’s a nice spot, but not much work getting out into the boon docks that way, Leongatha,Yarram, Inverloch are probably the pick as far as work might be involved as they are a bit bigger.
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma