Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:03 am

Hi All!

I’ve been welding things around the farm for 15 or 20 years, mostly with a trusty Lincoln AC-180-S buzz box. My approach has always been to lay down enough metal and gussets so the “thing” will stop breaking when I drag it through the dirt, and experience has been my primary teacher (along with a few good Lincoln welding books from the ‘60s).

Recently I bought a little inverter DC stick welder (Hobart 210i) and have been exploring the finer points of welding. Jody’s videos, as well as Bob Moffatt’s have really got me stoked about improving my technique. I’d never taken the time to just sit and practice laying beads, padding a plate, etc, but all of a sudden I’m just really interested.

Looking forward to being part of the forum and maybe sharing some of my farm creations.
-Brandon
    Tue Oct 02, 2018 12:49 am

Welcome to the forum :D
Uni Mig 180 AC/DC tig
Oxy Acet
LPG
Older Newbie
bruce991
    Tue Jan 05, 2016 10:31 pm

Welcome if anywhere near central Michigan I am more than willing to give some pointers in person on TIG steel SS or aluminum.
    Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:03 am

Thanks Bruce, I appreciate the offer! I'd love to try TIG someday. Just need to find something thinner than 1/4" to weld around here :lol: