Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
imita_tion
    Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:30 am

Hey all, I'm a hobbyist from the great cold north of Canada! I took up welding to keep warm during the windy, dark nights and be productive to boot! Kidding aside, I work as a work truck fabricator/finisher up here in the Lower Mainland of BC, and found that I enjoyed the small amounts of TIG that we do here. I liked it enough that I decided to expand my garage's capabilities with a mean lean, green machine.

I've always been one to embark on nonsense projects that pull from the variety of fields that my work requires (carpentry, plumbing, 12 and 120 volt electrical, and fabrication to name most of them) My current project is finishing up a homebrew water cooler for my Everlast, and I have some other silly projects lined up for future fun.

I'm looking forward to learning what I can from the many experienced people here, and if I have any knowledge to share, being able to share it!
Everlast 210 EXT (screams hobbyist, doesn't it?)
CK Flex-Loc 230 water-cooled torch (such a joy!)
Generic 9 and 26 series air-cooled torches (came with the 210)
Homebrew watercooler!
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Hello from Pennsylvania and welcome. Which green machine do you have ? Currently, I have 2 green with a 256D being the largest for tig right now and 2 blue for other work. Don't forget to share your experiences and projects.
imita_tion
    Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:30 am

Hi! I've got an Everlast 210 EXT. The dual voltage sold me, and I've already been thankful for it!
Everlast 210 EXT (screams hobbyist, doesn't it?)
CK Flex-Loc 230 water-cooled torch (such a joy!)
Generic 9 and 26 series air-cooled torches (came with the 210)
Homebrew watercooler!
LanceR
    Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Welcome from Pinnacle, North Carolina.

Best regards,
LanceR

Miller Multimatic 255
Hypertherm Powermax45 XP
Heck Bevel Mill 4000
Ace fume extractor
Welding/cutting/brazing torches
kermit
    Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:29 pm

Hey what do you mean Great Cold...you still have Palm trees!!!
Try Northern Ontario....real cold....we actually have snow!! and lots of it....,.
I can not wait till summer so that the metal does not break!!
Nice to see Canucks here!
All the best!!
Steve