Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Smalltimeplumber
    Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:59 am

Hey everyone. I’ve been watching Jody’s videos for years now have learned a lot. My father and I own a small plumbing hvac company. I want to learn how to pipe weld. I had a Millermatic 211 but just sold it to get a tig/stick welder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BillE.Dee
    Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Welcome to the forum. What kinds of metals are you looking to tig weld when you get up and running depends on the machine to purchase. The ferrous metals will require that you have dc and IF you are looking to get into aluminum you will need a machine that provides ac and higher amps. Everyone in here will answer questions and there are some pictures in the various forums to gain insight. Ask around and get what YOU feel comfortable with.
Smalltimeplumber
    Sun Mar 01, 2020 9:59 am

Hi Bill. I’m going to start with carbon steel and possibly stainless. I think I’m going to start with a dc only tig/stick machine. I’m leaning towards an Everlast PowerArc 161 sth to get started with just because it’s half the price of the big brands and I can get alll the accessories with it. If I can start turning a decent profit with it, I will consider upgrading to ac and one of the big brands later down the line

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk