Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Hello All,

Been a lurker here for a couple years, I run a small manufacturing business and cnc machine shop. I have employees who weld for our company part time when we have the work, but sometimes for small jobs it just makes sense to be skilled enough to do it myself. During slow/down times I've been running beads when I can.

We have an old ideal-arc 300 and it's been fine, but I recently decided to upgrade to a dynasty 280dx.. Wow, I have to say I'm really impressed with the smoothness and control although personally I need a lot more torch time to use it effectively.

I've really enjoyed Jody's videos and learned a ton from watching his youtube vids about stainless tig welding and improving our process here. His recommended torch parts/gas lenses and insight into stainless tig welding have been really beneficial to the quality of our work here in the shop.

Looking forward to digging deeper into this forum and participating where I can,

Cheers!

- dudley
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Welcome! And nice upgrade.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Welcome. Nothing like a bad*!$ modern inverter TIG welder, eh? :)
DavidR8
    Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:50 am

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
David
Millermatic 130
Primeweld 225
    Mon Sep 03, 2018 3:35 pm

Poland308 wrote:Welcome! And nice upgrade.
Oscar wrote:Welcome. Nothing like a bad*!$ modern inverter TIG welder, eh? :)
DavidR8 wrote:Welcome to the forum!
Thanks for the welcome.. And yes, I'm super excited about my new toy.

Cheers!