Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:39 pm

Hi, my name is Alan. I’m a special effects fabricator in the motion picture industry. I weld everything except stick. We do a lot of short circuit mig all the way up to structural dual shield. My favorite is tig aluminum. My machine is a miller syncrowave 350dx. Spfx is a really fun industry. We build everything from cars with full roll cages and cannons to flip them to giant motion base structures. The great thing is that I’m always building something different with different processes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Welcome! Planning on getting set up for doing custom/prototype work when I retire in 15 years or so. Always enjoy seeing pics of unique application one off stuff.
I have more questions than answers

Josh

I post a bit of pictures in my Instagram page @aadecktor. Due to nda’s I have to wait until the show comes out to post so hopefully soon I’ll have some really cool things to share.

I post a bit of pictures in my Instagram page @aadecktor. Due to nda’s I have to wait until the show comes out to post so hopefully soon I’ll have some really cool things to share.

Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Totally understandable. Lots of places I do work won’t allow pictures or descriptions in type.
I have more questions than answers

Josh