Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:50 am

Okay, here we go. I have spent the last couple of years just snooping around and soaking in info and finally I'd like to participate. After many years of threatening to take a welding course offered on Saturdays at the local college only to have my plans thwarted by my job, stupid work, I decided to teach myself. It was at this time that I was turned onto Jody and his amazing videos, took his advice and found myself a reasonably priced Synchrowave 250 and took to Tig and Stick welding. I've learned a ton along the way such as why welding galvanized is a bad idea without proper preparation and ventilation and why you should always double check your dial on your self darkening lens before initiating an arc. More importantly I've found an outlet for passion and creativity and some just good ol fashion mad alchemist release. Right now most of my projects are things to make my shop more badass, tables, tool stands, etc. but I have plans for some larger, less utilitarian projects soon. I hope this post finds everyone doing well and I look forward to participating in some lively discussions with y'all real soon.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

welcome to the forum, glad you felt it was time to offer something to the conversations.

Mick
krazziee
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:21 am

hey there,
these folks on here are very helpful
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away...
Lincoln Squarewave 335, water cooled WP20 torch with pedal control
Millermatic 200 mig
Thermodynamics Cutmaster 52 Plasma
Old stick welder
Cutting torch, saws and grinders
Very little talent.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
qroger
    Sat Jul 27, 2013 2:18 pm

That galvanized comment hit home. I was gas welding some galvanized, and keeping my face out of it, with a little breeze from the back, and I thought I was good. I did pick up a little metallic taste, but no headache. Suddenly, I remembered I had a dentist appointment, put down the torch and headed off. When I was getting my teeth cleaned, every time the hygienist touched a tooth with a filling, it was as if I was chewing on tinfoil, and it sent me out of the chair. I think I had coated my mouth with a thin thin layer of zinc, all acting sort of like a battery. Not permanent though.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Photon Wrangler,

I like your "handle" even better now that I realize your avatar seems to represent a jar of fireflies!

Very creative!

Steve S