Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Mlhiser
    Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Hi there y'all's my names Matt from Louisville ky. I'm 20 years old and I work for Unlimited Erections LLC. And yes, it's a direct pun, my boss is a nut. Our business slogans: "we get it up and it stays up"" and. "If we can't weld it we can screw it!"
Anyways I'm practically the shop bitch there, but hey we all gotta start somewhere right? Been watching these videos and getting some practice at work on breaks and I love welding and metallurgical processes. Here's some of the work that we've done.

This aluminum box bolts to the back of this trike and gets ads put on it and driven around downtown as a rolling advertisement.

Sellerburg, Indiana rock quarry, we fabricated and painted these black platforms to serve as loading socks to these SOLID 1 /14 inch thick magazines which house all the dynamite that they use in the quarry

We made these 75' ceiling trusses for the Ford plant in louisville...and hauled them on a 26" flatbed... It was fun to say the least

And this is my baby. My uncle tore this 55 Nomad down 20+ years ago and has since developed handfuls of other projects and put this one on the back burner. I've taken the liberty of getting it out back together and doing all the bodywork, rust repair, painting, everything.

And this is my other baby, 1991 nissan 240sx. Swapped motor turbo blah blah blah. This is my daily driver but I also do a lot of drifting in it. Soon I intend to fabricate a full roll cage, tube frame the front and rear ends and make it an all out drift car. This is the reason I want to be a fabricator, to build and modify roll cages and tube frames for all types of Motorsports. That is my ultimate career goal.

Thanks for readin and I hope I'll be hearing from y'all soon. Been lookin at these forums for a while and just mustarded up enough energy to register. I look forward to hearing y'all's input and advice on everything. Thanks.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Hey,
Welcome to the Forum. :D
I'm sure you never have a boring day. ;)

John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Matt.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Mlhiser
    Wed Feb 05, 2014 11:20 pm

Thank you, and no there's never really a dull moment here but work is work lol
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Work is Work, no matter how you look at it ;)
Welcome aboard Matt.

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

A man after my own heart! I have a 92 that I have to start working on when I go back to school next week. I have to make a hand clutch first, then weld in new frame rails (if you can believe that on a 240 ;)) Let me know if you have any questions/ problems, as they are as common as Hondas at UNOH up in Lima, OH.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Matt,
Welcome to the forum!
First thing I would do is ditch the 240 and set up the 55 Nomad for drifting! Just kidding. I respect imports too. I think you would start quite a stir if you showed up at Formula D with the 55! Of course you might offend quite a few hot rodders for turning a classic into a drift machine. Roll cages are something I have always wanted to do. When you get to putting one in make sure you post your pictures here for us to see.