Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
eddahenry
    Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:53 am

Hi all
Have been a fan of WT&T videos for a long time,
Own 3 tig fingers and find them great to use.
I work in the welding industry , not behind the touch but sell the gear,
Have done the advance tafe courses in mig tig and stick, and build motorcycles in my spare time.
Own a EWM tetrix 230 ACDC tig and a EWM picomig 180 plus multiprocess (this might give away where I work lol)
Love the forum and hopefully I can contribute some good information

Luke
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Welcome along. That would be BOC by any chance? We hired 2 EWM machines (root arc and force arc) for a current short term project. I dont use them but the boys reckon they're sweet as.

Mick
eddahenry

That's correct , boc it is indeed.

Hey,,

Ha, I only knew because I saw on the side of the machine it says "exclusively distributed by BOC"

Did I tell you how much I love boc.....my address is......lol

Mick
eddahenry

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hey,,

Ha, I only knew because I saw on the side of the machine it says "exclusively distributed by BOC"

Did I tell you how much I love boc.....my address is......lol

Mick
Don't be hating the man :lol:

Hey,

Nah mate, i dont hate anybody. Have you got any pics of your machines ? Ive only ever seen the migs.

Mick
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Luke,
Welcome aboard. Is BOC a distributor or a actual machine company.

I am telling you Ausssie's are taking over WT&T!!! LOL!
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

BOC is the British Oxygen Company. Primarily a gas supplier. Like Praxair or AirGas, though, their local distributors are usually also general welding suppliers. I'd think a BOC machine is a rebranded ESAB or similar, though I'm not sure.

Steve S

Hey,

These ewm machines are a stand alone brand, from Europe, but I believe some of the machines are very similar to Kempii machines. also from Europe. They have multiprocess migs and some tigs, the migs are similar to thermal arc, not sure what the tigs are. All showie gear though, Aus wide chain of stores.

Mick
eddahenry

BOC is a gas manufacture mostly ,
Out the back of my office is 2 massive air separation units that pump oxy direct to the port kembla steel mills.
We also have our own range of consumer Welders and light industrial stuff.
When it comes to the pro gear we leave that to the German company ewm ,
Here is my picomig mig 180 multiprocess plus
Fell in love with it the first day I used it, great mig, and lift arc tig , and stick
Has basic pulse for Ali and such on the mig and can shoot up to 4 mm quit well not bad for a 240 volt machine
This was it tiging my base of my tube bender I built
Oh and here it is complete
Cut it out with a gas axe than done a lot of filing lol
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Luke.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Welcome to the forum Luke.
~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

eddahenry wrote: When it comes to the pro gear we leave that to the German company ewm ,
Maybe you could start a thread with more pictures and a review of these machines in the MIG section. I have a sweet spot for welding machines abroad.
eddahenry

Superiorwelding wrote:
eddahenry wrote: When it comes to the pro gear we leave that to the German company ewm ,
Maybe you could start a thread with more pictures and a review of these machines in the MIG section. I have a sweet spot for welding machines abroad.
Seeing I have stated that I work for the distributor , I would see that as commercial advertising , plus if I was reading Kemmpi reviews from a Kemmpi rep I would call bullshit in a heart beat.
Happy to post pics and specs on the ones I own , if it's not a problem with the board admin ,

I dont have a problem with it, we like to learn, so post away, as long as you wont get in trouble from the boss. Its more like personal opinion, because you own them, so all good.

Mick
2T Institute
    Fri Feb 07, 2014 11:34 pm

Still building bikes?
eddahenry

Yeh got a xs 650 on the frame jig at the moment

[quote="eddahenry"]
Seeing I have stated that I work for the distributor , I would see that as commercial advertising[quote]
Yea I didn't think of that, sorry.
Last edited by Superiorwelding on Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

I'm with Mick...

If you stick to the machines you own and use, personal experience and opinion will not be treated as a "conflict of interest".

Additionaly, your access to the specs will help people make legitimate comparisons, even on the machines you don't use. If it's a response to a question, it's information, not advertising (assuming you treat it that way, of course... ;) ).

I appreciate your desire to keep business out of the forum, and we like it that way, but you've got some "gray area" to play with, with your access to information and your personal experiences. You clearly have the sense to distinguish facts from promotion, so don't sweat it.

Steve S
kemper
    Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:00 am

Where did you get the EWM puls 180 from in Australia? BOC do not sell the puls version?? I have requested one from them 2 years ago and am still waiting for it..
eddahenry

kemper wrote:Where did you get the EWM puls 180 from in Australia? BOC do not sell the puls version?? I have requested one from them 2 years ago and am still waiting for it..
Yep we have them and there on special this month lol.
We call it the smootharc elite multiprocess 180 puls
Ever gas and gear should have one on the shelf as they are in this months catalogue ,, where are you located I'll check the nearest gas and gears stock for you