Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
HeavyOil
    Wed May 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Someone has to temper all of this "practical experience" and "first hand knowledge" floating around here with some good old book learnin'.

I'm a engineer, 10yrs out (WHOOP!), mostly structural but kinda naval arch and mech as well. I have practical experience as an electronics tech, and radio towerman before engineering. Now I install offshore platforms, some of the biggest in the world, and I enjoy the hell out of it (at times).

Everything I've designed for the last eight years has been welded shipyard fabrications, very experienced in the design of welds/weldements and steel structures in general. Pretty familiar with D1.1. I enjoy the QC part of the job and am making a move towards that more, signed up for CWI seminar / test this fall. Hope that goes well.

Anyway if anyone has any engineering questions, feel free to shoot me a message, I'll do my best to answer or explain any thing that I can.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Welcome!!

If I need structural steel advice, I'll know who to ask.

Now we can say we are a complete forum.

Long live 15-40.... :D

~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Hey you're not too far off. Passed through H-town on my way to New Orleans the weekend before you posted! :D Houston is just too massive for me. It encompasses, like what, 50 million sq. miles?? Something like that, lol.

I like to read up on engineering type stuff every now and then. I'm BSc Math/Physics, but all science disciplines are cool of course. :)
Antorcha
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:57 am

Oscar wrote:Hey you're not too far off. Passed through H-town on my way to New Orleans the weekend before you posted! :D Houston is just too massive for me. It encompasses, like what, 50 million sq. miles?? Something like that, lol.

I like to read up on engineering type stuff every now and then. I'm BSc Math/Physics, but all science disciplines are cool of course. :)
Yes. In Texastan science is cool but only if you believe thissy here Urff is only 6014 years old. :lol: :shock:
That's why they call it The L00N Star State.
    Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:57 pm

Antorcha wrote:
Oscar wrote:Hey you're not too far off. Passed through H-town on my way to New Orleans the weekend before you posted! :D Houston is just too massive for me. It encompasses, like what, 50 million sq. miles?? Something like that, lol.

Yes. In Texastan science is cool but only if you believe thissy here Urff is only 6014 years old. :lol: :shock:
That's why they call it The L00N Star State.
You going to start that crap of insulting the USA and its people on this website too?
Dave J.

Beware of false knowledge; it is more dangerous than ignorance. ~George Bernard Shaw~

Syncro 350
Invertec v250-s
Thermal Arc 161 and 300
MM210
Dialarc
Tried being normal once, didn't take....I think it was a Tuesday.
Rtaylor777
    Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:40 pm

Welcome to the forum. I used to dream about becoming a Structural Engineer, but now at age 50, I need to set my sights a little lower. :)
I use a Multiplaz 3500 welder/cutter https://groups.google.com/forum/?hl=en# ... iplaz-3500
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Antorcha just talks shit man. Personally I think he may be crazy as a loon, but I giggle after reading most of his posts and shake my head.

--Sam
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-