Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
ImLow78
    Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:22 pm

New member from So. IL. Been welding professionally for about 3 years but been around metal and cars most my life. I do welding and fabrication on anything I can get my hands on. Currently awaiting the arrival of my new dynasty 350 so I can continue learning more about my craft.

On top of welding & fabrication I also do machining and starting to learn autocad and solidworks. Once if get that down I'll start on learning G code for programming.

I'll post picture randomly of my work and past jobs.

Shannon
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome to the forum
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Shannon,

You'll find every and all perspectives on welding and fabrication here, from lawn art to aircraft construction, everything in-between, and some things outside this box.

I like to think this forum has become an "expert" in and of itself, where no one of us may be the most knowledgeable outside of our particular niche, but all of us put together add up to a level of welding knowledge unrivaled anywhere.

I can think of nowhere else you can ask a question, and be answered by an artist, an ironworker, an engineer, and an aerospace welder in one brief topic.

Steve S
Wes917
    Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:45 pm

Welcome, gcodes are pretty fun to work with if you enjoy that type of thing. Auto ad and solid works are tons of fun too. What type of parts you laying out?
ImLow78
    Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:22 pm

Wes917 wrote:Welcome, gcodes are pretty fun to work with if you enjoy that type of thing. Auto ad and solid works are tons of fun too. What type of parts you laying out?
At this point in time writing code would be solely for my own pleasure but it would be a nice tool in my arsenal for later jobs. As for cad and solidworks we need to beable to layout mezzanines and other structure.

Shannon
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome to the forums. Great people here with lots of varied experience. Sounds like you bring a lot of that to the table as well.. Good to have you as a member. :D
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Shannon.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200