Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
BobH
    Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Hi, I'm Bob H. and I'm retired. I grew up on a small farm and have worked in the metalworking industry until retirement. I never out grew motorcycles and as a hobby, I make restoration fenders and covers. Several years ago, I started gas welding aluminum. A few months ago I bought my first tig welder, a Miller Syncrowave 210. For me, this is a new learning curve. I'm trying to perfect my ability to tack weld 16ga. 3003 aluminum. I must make friends with that peddle. Setting down and welding seems very new and very strange.

BobH
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome fellow motorcycle guy.
dig in much to learn
check out the videos
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Bob welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
BobH
    Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:10 pm

Jody's vids are a big help and always motivational. I'm now getting some acceptable tacks on 16 gage 3003. The pedal is getting easier to use. Argon is set at 12 cfh. The electrode is 2% lanthanated. I'm using a wp 9 flexhead with a 5 xl cup. 65 amps is working well to establish the tack with a clean electrode and a very short arc. the filler is ER1100 .045 MIG wire. I'm giving the joint a vigorous stainless steel brushing just prior to making the tack. More practice today, most of my aluminum welds will be butt welds.
At some point, I'll try more amperage and attempt to zap and form a tack.

Thanks guys for the nice welcome.

BobH