Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:31 pm

Howdy folks!

My name is Judah, and I am a young buck welder currently living in the hills of northern Kentucky. I've been following Jody's Youtube channel for quite a while now, and decided to jump onto these forums to learn even more and get to know folks with similar interests! I was started on welding about four years ago, but this past year I started a course in SMAW at our local tech center, and I am learning a ton! Currently, I'm working on my 3G guided bend test as well as on overhead, and really enjoying it! Most of my work has been in stick, but I've done a some MIG and a very small bit of TIG.

Blue machines and bowties are my preference, but I'll use anything. At the shop, we are spoiled by Miller XMT 304 multi-process units, but I also run my personal machine, a Hobart AC 225, and other older 220v stick machines. Soon I'll be in the market for a MM 252 or possibly a Multimatic 200. I'm sure that some of y'all have opinions on those machines, so I'll be snooping around here a bit later.

Currently, I'm working on a C-channel bumper and tubular headache rack for my pickup, but I have many other projects lined up. Just have to finish what I have on my plate at the moment. :roll: Along with burning rods and twisting wrenches, I also make knives. For more information, please check out my website, Creation Knifeworks.

Thanks for looking, and see you around!
Last edited by JudahC on Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Work smarter, not harder" means moving the truck closer to the pile of firewood.

Creation Knifeworks
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, JudahC,

You'll find a broad range of experience here, including a knife maker or two. We have artists and aerospace welders, beginners and masters, Fabricators and... Okay, I'm running out of comparisons.

While the rules "frown" on marketing yourself (openly selling), feel free to include your website in your signature and share projects.

Steve S
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome to the forum. good to have you as a member.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid