Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 am

Hello everyone new and old, the name is Chuck and I've been away for a while and just wanted to reintroduce myself since the first time I never really got off the ground.

My original inrto was quite long and can be seen HERE: http://forum.weldingtipsandtricks.com/v ... t=Stirmind

I fell off the map for various reasons, the foremost of which was an illness in the family leading to the loss of my Mother. While handling that, Dad and I also have a farm we have to care for so that took second priority, and I also got into another hobby that kept me preoccupied and from keeping up with the forums.

I fell in love with machining and bought a lathe, and have been sucked into the YouTube Machinist's Community. Their videos, along with Jody's, were all that kept me from losing my mind after losing my Mom.

Welding never lost it's grip on me, and as an integral part of becoming a machinist I'd love to return. I come asking, hat in hand, to be given another chance.

Thanks for reading this, and I hope to chat with you all soon...Happy New Year, Chuck
Hood Time is a Good Time!

Avatar photo is from 1992, on Maui.
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Hey, Chuck, welcome back. Our condolences on your loss.

No apologies necessary, hat-in-hand not required!
Dave
aka "RTFM"
    Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:12 am

Well the hat is a nice Comeaux size 7 and a half, he he.

Thanks for the condolences and the warm welcome, they are both well appreciated. I can't wait to see all of the great projects that have been created while I was gallivanting around playing machinist.

It was a terrible year for my family old 2014, may 2015 bring us all good health, good times, and good friends.

Chuck
Hood Time is a Good Time!

Avatar photo is from 1992, on Maui.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome back. Good to have you here.
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Chuck,
Welcome back! No need to have hat in hand though. I am sorry for your loss. We all lose someone and through the experience it can make us crumble or become stronger. I am glad you decided to come back to the family. Quite a bit has happened here since you were here last so I am sure you will have many long nights reading.
-Jonathan