Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Glad to be on the Forum. Love the videos and the rest of the website and just realized there was a forum. If the forum is just 10% as useful as the videos, it will be a good one. I tried staying off the other forums for awhile and tried FB and Linkedin and really thing the forum format is the best way to go.

Been welding since HS and learning for longer. Blessed with a Full time job teaching and hoping to share what little I know with others before I'm so old and shaky I can only tell everyone how I used to do it. (I do some of that now).

I think the internet can really change the learning curve for welding. Looking forward to checking out the information here and maybe adding some myself if it hasn't already been covered.
Gerald Austin
If I didn't say it in the post- Have a great day !
Greeneville Tn
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

weldingt,
First off welcome to the forum. You'll find a few other teachers here who regularly contribute. We all learn here from each other and I'm sure soon we will be learning from you.

If you don't mind it's easier to personalize our responses if you use a first name. Like most of your students, we are easy to side track, so expect that you posts will get highjacked now and again. There's also some good nature ribbing goes on and if you're around long enough you might be the butt of a joke here and there. All good folks though.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Hey Gerald good to see you buddy!
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector

Thanks for the Welcomes.

Good to see you John. Up up closer to your part of the country. Maybe we will bump into each other sometime.
Gerald Austin
Greeneville Tn
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome to the forum. :D
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Gerald,
A late welcome but welcome to the forum. I have already read some of your posts and looked at your experience and say I am quite impressed and hope to pick your brain as time goes on. I look forward to reading your posts.

I have noticed a uptick in CWI/CWE's here and I for one am thankful for that as that is a direction I am heading and am thankful for the examples I have around me.
-Jonathan
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Gerald,
You should put your website in your sig line. Very interesting and informative.
-Jonathan

Superiorwelding wrote:Gerald,
A late welcome but welcome to the forum. I have already read some of your posts and looked at your experience and say I am quite impressed and hope to pick your brain as time goes on. I look forward to reading your posts.

I have noticed a uptick in CWI/CWE's here and I for one am thankful for that as that is a direction I am heading and am thankful for the examples I have around me.
-Jonathan
Thanks for the Welcome and the comment about the websites. Been a hobby for awhile.

Have a good one.
Gerald Austin
Greeneville Tn