Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
  • cosi
    Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:41 pm

Hi all,
I have been interested in welding for a long time and have been browsing this site and watching videos for a while and finally I am in a position to buy a welder. I am going to pick up a T&R Multi 250K this weekend as I used this during a boat building course I completed in Melbourne. Link to machine
It was a great machine and I was very impressed at how easy I found welding aluminium. I want welding to be my new hobby and I have a few projects in mind and will be doing both alloy and mild steel. I have posted a question in the MIG section about gas selection.
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Cosi,
Welcome to the forum. You'll find quite a few others here from your part of the globe, some might even be your neighbors. You can learn just about anything you'd imagine about welding and fabricating here and all without anybody putting you down for asking. Ask away.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
  • cosi

Thank you for welcoming me!

I am indeed a newbie and yes I do have many many questions and I have already posted 2 since siging up an hour ago.
I am glad that you mentioned that I can ask questions without being hassled as I am a motorcycle fanatic and those motorcycle forums are a killer if you ask a quesiton that's already been posted :D
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

We're usually pretty tolorant of that sort of thing, I know I find it easier to type out a short answer with a reference to the prior post than take the same amount of time to type out a message beating the poster over the head for asking. As a new welder it's sometimes hard to search a forum when you're not all that knowledgable on the terms used for different things. Hell, I'm a self taught welder of 40 plus years and there's terms that I'm still learning.

There's also a wealth of knowledge to be had from Jody's videos and a lot of the members here belong to other forums and provide links to answers given on them that will steer you in the right direction if needed. We have a almost unique atmosphere here that's pretty hard to find anywhere else on the internet.

Again, glad you joined, and there's plenty of people here with an interest in motorcycles too.

Len
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Cosi.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Scuba1
    Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:21 pm

Welcome from one newbie to another on here.
Boy do I miss my bikes.

ATB

Michael
Fast, Cheap, Good........pick any two
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Greetings and welcome. Glad you've joined us.
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
  • cosi

Thanks for the welcome everyone. Lovin' this forum.