Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
tschmitt
    Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:26 pm

I am new to welding and when I say new I mean welding about 2 weeks and in school for 3 weeks. Right now I am running beads and working on over lapping using a 6010 rod then will move on to a 7018 for a little before doing a butt jiint. If there are any videos someone could refer me to for tips/tricks with over lapping it would be greatly appreciated.
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." VINCE LOMBARDI
jdl66ss
    Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:31 am

Hello. I am the typical, learn to weld by trying things and see what works and what doesnt, kind of welder. I have never attended a welding class or anything of that nature, so i am not much on the correct terms and such. That being said, i can only say that Jody offers some great videos on weldingtipsandtricks.com. Good luck!!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Greetings and welcome. You will find lots of friendly folk here and top notch information.
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
tschmitt
    Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:26 pm

Tha m you for the tip. I saw a video of him running 6010 beads and that is how I found the forum. Welded with 1/8 7018 today for the first time and love it but his bead running video was very helpful to help have some better whip and pause beads.
"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." VINCE LOMBARDI
jdl66ss
    Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:31 am

I just found his videos on youtube a few days ago. That is how i found his site and also this forum. Great place to get help for new guys like you and i. I am learning a lot already