Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
capecod1967
    Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:30 am

Hi everyone. My name is Chris. I live on Cape Cod, Massachusetts. I am 47 yrs old. I'm not "new" to welding but am a novice at best. I've played around with mig & arc machines but am anxious to learn & do more. I hope I can learn from those more experienced here. Any advice would be helpful & much appreciated. Thank you
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome to the forum chris
check out some of jody's videos.
there is much you can learn there.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

Howdy Chris! There are plenty of good people here to help you out. Don't be afraid to ask a ? no matter if it seems silly or not. No one will jump on you. After lurking here I decided to join after getting back into TIG after a 15 year absence and everyone here has been very helpful.
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Chris.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:11 pm

Welcome to the forum.

As a Southerner I have to tell you that The Cape is the only place north of Tennessee that I have ever worked and considered going back to to visit.

Have a good day.

Gerald
Gerald Austin
If I didn't say it in the post- Have a great day !
Greeneville Tn
capecod1967
    Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:30 am

thank you all for your warm welcome. I currently have a Chicago Electric 170 mig welder. I like this unit because it allows the use of solid wire & flux core (handy for welding dirty or imperfect metals) & is very user friendly. My 2nd unit, bought used for $125.00, is a Lincoln 225 amp "buzz box" (so I'm told it's called) that is about 30 yrs old but works great! I'm about to test my skills (being supervised by a friend who is a certified master welder) by repairing the frame on my Jeep Wrangler. I will post pics when it's done.
exnailpounder
    Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:25 am

I like your "damn the torpedoes" attitude Chris. There is alot to know about welding and Fabbing and thats the fun part. When it clicks in your head you will tell yourself it wasn't that hard. Good luck on your project and keep us posted!....Jeff
Ifyoucantellmewhatthissaysiwillbuyyouabeer.
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Greetings. Welcome to the forum, Chris. Good luck with the jeep.
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid