Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
ATubbin7
    Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:55 pm

Hello,

My name is Austin. I am certified in structural welding and am going back to school this year to get my pipe welding certification. I currently do a lot of MIG welding seeing as I work at Doolittle Trailer MFG in Holts Summit, MO. So I build trailer frames for a living for right now. Doesn't make the big bucks but pays the bills. I got into welding as a whim in high school. I needed another credit and metal fabrication was a class that seemed fun and challenging. My teacher said I was a natural and needed to pursue it as an option for a career. I didn't really have anything planned after high school so I said why not. I absolutely love welding and I love learning more and more about it. I've heard about this forum before but never really checked it out and I check out the welding tips and tricks website every so often to get a few pointers. I really want to get into TIG and SMAW because those processes, in my eyes, are the more challenging and intricate ways to weld. That's about it.

Thanks for your time and God bless, Austin. :)
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Austin welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Austin,

Falling into welding by accident happens more than you might think. I learned the basics early, and it was my "go to" money maker when I was in school, and when I was between other jobs. It took a while for it to click, but focusing on welding eventually started making real money for me, and has led into many interesting variations on the trade.

You've found a good place to explore. We have everyone you might imagine. We have the extreme newbie (I plugged it in. Now what?) We have hobbyists from "just started" to "just retired". We have metal artists that will blow your mind with their creative abuse of metal. We have industrial and commercial welders. We have active and retired welders from the aerospace industry.

You'll have a hell of a time asking a question that can't be answered here, and if you find one, we'll research it until we're all satisfied with the answer.

Steve S
ATubbin7
    Sun Jun 21, 2015 6:55 pm

I can tell I am going to enjoy being part of a large, world-wide family.
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Hello ATubbin! Welcome to the forum!