Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

Hi all,

Just signed up after watching Jody's vids for the past couple years. What a massive help they have been. Takes away 90% of the fumbles involved in picking up a new skill.

I'm a Plumber and did a little oxy welding of steel and even lead back in my apprenticeship, and years ago did a weekend course with coachbuilder using O/A to weld aluminium.

Bought a stick welder with lift tig capability a couple years ago and shortly after bought a mig. Last week I finally coughed up for a digital inverter ac/dc machine and damned if I'm not kicking myself for not buying one years ago.
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde
motox
    Thu Nov 28, 2013 12:49 pm

welcome Rupes to the forum.
craig
htp invertig 221
syncrowave 250
miller 140 mig
hypertherm plasma
morse 14 metal devil
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Welcome. Another Aussie...is this some kind of takeover? :D

Kym
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Kym,
It would have to be a take under. :)

Len

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
    Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:37 am

I've been on a few forums in my time, mostly motorcycling. Always a good showing of Aussies on them. I think we just sit on our arses in front of the pc a bit too much :P
Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing... Oscar Wilde
OzFlo
    Sat Sep 26, 2015 10:16 pm

G'day Rupes!

Another Sydneysider! Good Stuff.. Welcome mate!

Flo
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Welcome to the forum. Glad to hear you finally did it. I was a 52D in the army, when on base, I made friends with the guy in the shop next to me, he was good welder, so I got to do just a little heliarc with him . Coming off Bmx bikes, I always loved the welds...that was 1987-94 . Just like you, I kick myself in the a$$ now for not getting into it sooner ...but better late than never ! Enjoy the forum, post pics and what not. Lotta helpful and very nice people on here .