Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
dsena
    Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Hello' i am a structural rig welder in southeastern nm and i have an opportunity to weld pipeline the test is going to be a 12"on12" branch and butt i need info on how to bevel the ear and crotch on the branch. The WP will be 6010 root,hot 7010 fill and cap any info will help thank you :)
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

There are fitting hand books that give you all the dimensions and exact measurements for all your cut backs. It takes a little practice but the books usually tell you how to do it step by step. However the real reason a test like that is given is often more about watching how you go about the process of making it. It's an intense lay out job. If your not super carefull about measuring and cutting out the pieces you get bit in the butt when it comes time to weld it together.
I have more questions than answers

Josh
dsena
    Tue Dec 29, 2015 10:09 pm

Thanks for the advice I will keep checking for books. I got the pipe fitters blue book,pg 2 preface and instruction,pg 29 measurements,pg 27 sequence of measurements but cannot find any info for beveling the Branch to get a good fitup on the header
welding@60
    Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:49 pm

first let me introduce myself I am Allen from south east Ohio have been following Jody for quite sometime this is my first reply so please bear with me. I owned and operated my own welding business doing any thing from pipe fitting x ray on gas compressors to some of the nastiest heavy machinery repair there is. Do a lot of old school SMAW,FCAW,GMAW,TIGW,along with torch,plasma,and oxygen lance cutting. After 40+years of this I am now being forced to set back look at a worn out body but maybe able to pass on some advice good or bad. Now for my reply. U Tube has an excellent vidio just type in laying out 12ingh branch real pipe welder doing real welding.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome to both of you...

I was too preoccupied to catch it at the time, but you both managed to post in "How to use the forum," which is intended as a user guide. You'll note I've moved the topic to "Member introductions", as that seemed appropriate.

Enjoy your time here. You'll find nothing but honest folk who will share what they do and help if they can.

Steve S