Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Evanaitor
    Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:58 pm

After looking online for quite some time, I couldn't find any people welding even close to how I weld. I work for a small company in Kentucky making farm equipment, gates n feeders n stuff. I'm usually miging tubular steel, black and galvanized. Some very very thin stuff. It seems like a lot of what I do goes against the books and would seem bad quality but turns out well.
Evanaitor
    Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:58 pm

More details, I use a miller cp 302,. 35 Lincoln wire, co2 gas, my heats around 25 and my wire speed is all the way up. I weld tubular farm gates. Thickness: thin, 22 gauge to 1/8 inch, mostly 22 and 20ish though. I'm often welding the thin to thin and thick to thin. Straight welds on hardware and stuff and saddle welds where the tubes are coped. Black and galvanized or galvaneel, it is production welding so speed is key. ( think I spelled a few things wrong) what's difrent though is I don't tap the trigger or make a bunch of spot welds, I can do one weld around half the 1 n 3/4 or 2 inch pipe, smooth and flat. We don't grind off the galvanized or do anything to it. Nor were a respirator. We don't use heat sinks or anything, just throw it on the jig and weld it. And we smash our tips, like plug it, by hammering it. It makes the pop-pop-pop go away. Is anybody familiar with this kind of welding?
Farmwelding
    Thu Mar 10, 2016 11:37 pm

Good set of skills you've got to have for that. A lot of timing I suppose too.
A student now but really want to weld everyday. Want to learn everything about everything. Want to become a knower of all and master of none.
Instagram: @farmwelding
Nick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome...
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200