Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:36 am

Hello All,

I'm a current vocational student who is trying to enter the pipe welding industry next Spring. Most of what I've done in school has been thick carbon pipe of various sizes, but I get the opportunity to practice on stainless as well. Occasionally I come up against an issue that even eludes my teacher and so I thought joining an online community of experienced welders would be a good way to make some inroads with these. I got started in welding kind of late (I'm 34), but I'm eager to learn and have been in school full-time for about a year while also continuing a graduate degree in Theology. I look forward to getting to know some of you and taking my welding to the next level in the process.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Welcome Ryan.

Well if you are keen to learn you have come to the right place. There are plenty of wise and experienced people here who are always willing to offer advice. Have fun!

Kym

Thanks Kym. :)
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Ryan, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200

Thanks Mike. I've enjoyed watching Jody for a while now, and on his 6G stick video he mentioned the forum and I thought I'd give it a shot. Look forward to getting to know you guys and trading some tips and tricks. I love the challenge of welding and am glad I've found another resource to help climb the ladder.

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone. :)