Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Tubameat
    Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:50 am

Hi folks,

I design and weld practical items for home and business use out of my tiny (12x12 - UGH!) shop behind my house in downtown DC. Still a novice, almost all my stuff is done with my Millermatic 180. Practicing TIG when I have the time. I do this as a little side gig.
My day job is being a musician in a symphony orchestra. Jody pretty much taught me how to weld through his unmatchable videos on the youtube. Anyway, blah blah blah, looking forward to learning all kinds of new things here on the forum!

Peace,

Steve D in DC
davesax36
    Fri Jan 31, 2014 12:44 am

Are you in the BSO? I'm in Arlington, VA. I teach band. We might know some of the same people.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Welcome Steve.

I'm afraid I'm not in D.C unless that stands for 'Distant Country'. I trust you'll learn a lot on here, there are some wise and talented people on these boards who have plenty of good advice to give.

What kind of 'practical items' are you putting together in that shop of yours?

Kym
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Steve, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Tubameat
    Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:50 am

Hi Kym,

I have made many different things so far, mostly one-off custom items.
too many to list really! they range from workout equipment to furniture to roof racks. I think I will put some of them over in welding projects. seems like the place for that.

later, mate!