Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:53 pm

novice welder. grew up welding doing repairs on farm equipment had and had a semester of training at a welding school but currently working as a diesel mechanic.I found a 1982 dialarc hf buried in the back of our storage trailer at work and bought it from the shop for a couple hundred bucks and am currently using it to learn tig. been learning as much as i can through the youtube videos and the podcast and figured i would check out the forum. that said anyone got any advice for a beginner using a machine with just the basic settings, a rigged up finger switch and no foot pedal. most the stuff i have came across so far talks about footwork, pulses and a bunch of other stuff i don't have.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Ward,

Frankly, you'll learn more faster working without all the "bells and whistles". Consider all that stuff as "advanced features" that will serve you well once you understand the basics.

You've found the right spot. Everyone here wants to help, and nobody puts anyone down for what they haven't learned yet.

Post up your questions as you go, and you'll get good answers from a dozen different perspectives.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

ward605, welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200