Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
GG78
    Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:48 am

Hello All

I am David, Been welding on all sorts for the last 25 years in my various jobs from Farm machine operator and fitter to Workshop technician for 8 years in a Land based vocational college and then 3.5 years building custom stainless exhausts and now i'm out on my own building up my own Jobshop.

Im lucky to have a 40x40 workshop on the same site as to home and in the shop I have various machines and equipment I am slowly building up to further my capabilities and reduce my reliance on out sourcing work !

I have two Lathes a fairly large drill press a 3ft folder and rolls various benches etc soon to arrive is a large Richmond horizontal mill which ill be teaching myself how to use !

I also have a two post vehicle lift for working on various vehicles etc

I currently have a 350 amp Murex 3 phase Mig unit and a 300 amp oil cooled 3 phase oil cooled set and a small budget Thermal Arc inverter 175amp DC MMA and Hf tig set.

I'm very keen to get a much more useful more versatile Tig preferably AC/DC pulse and foot pedal 250-300 amps would be good but finding one in my budget is difficult also looking to purchase a Bridgeport type mill.

Most of my work is one off items or repair or modifications on a wide variety of items.

I do a lot of mechanical repairs and also various broken bolt and stud removals.

My main vehicle work is on Land rover products mainly the "defender" shaped products.

I'm just one man in a Shed trying to earn a living.

Cheers David