Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
ArcAngel_AnArcist
    Tue Feb 26, 2019 8:40 am

Hello everyone, I have been reading through the forums all of last semester and this one. I finally made an account because I want to get all the help I can. I am a college student on the path to getting my Associates in Applied Science in welding. I have the rest of this semester and one more until I get my degree (I did the academic part first)
I posted a topic on this page (a moderator neeeds to approve it first)viewforum.php?f=3 you can post your advice on my thread there, or here.
My general question to those who have struggled with welding is; how long did it take you to finally get it, because I think I am getting it down.
    Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:52 am

Hey, Welcome to the forum!
ArcAngel_AnArcist wrote:how long did it take you to finally get it, because I think I am getting it down
I think that question really depends on a lot on welding process, position, material etc.

I'll speak for myself: I feel like I'll get something dialed in and then switch to a different position etc, and it's like I'm starting from scratch! Always learning, practice makes perfect.

That being said, be patient, remember to breath, you will get better (you as in anyone and everyone). Just keep at it.

Glad you are feeling confident and getting it down!
    Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:09 am

Welcome!
Lincoln MP 210, Lincoln Square Wave 200,
Everlast 210 EXT
Thermal Dynamics 25 Plasma cutter

" Anything that carries your livelihood wants to be welded so that Thor can’t break it."
CJ737