Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
yachtweld3mm
    Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 am

STREWTH !
It is easier to join mossad and ask them questions than on this forum! But that's a good thing.
Anyhow, to make a short story long, I went to welding school for a year, ( well just a year of Wednesday nights of course) just stick welding and all down hand on a bench.

I have a steel yacht, 25' long of 1/8" hi ten steel, it is 47 years old and I have a million questions regarding welding of her.
I've been watching wtat.com videos since Jody came home from the war of 1812. No yacht vids.
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey there,

We only have a few Aussies here, myself included. I'm landlocked though. My feelings are that you should weld it as much as you can, as the flex of the ocean will cause failure in ways that aren't apparent in the dry dock.

Best, Mick
yachtweld3mm

Thanks Mick,
yeah I forgot about that, not to mention underwater nastys like rocks.

My uncle used to live at Lakes entrance many years ago. I have access to a heap of professional welders, maybe we can find someone in your area. Who can take care of the difficult things for you.
Darrin
    Sat Mar 31, 2018 1:10 am

Gday mate, i’m A sheet metal guy by trade, mainly fabrication, then ally welding and steel mig a long time ago, now just hobby stuff. Live in Sale, old girl lives in Lakes. Good bunch of knowledge on here, ask away!!!
Esseti AC/DC 200
Uni mig mini mig 180
Rossi ct 416 plasma
yachtweld3mm

weldin mike 27 wrote:My uncle used to live at Lakes entrance many years ago. I have access to a heap of professional welders, maybe we can find someone in your area. Who can take care of the difficult things for you.
Thanks Mick,
I'll be doing it all around September at the Gipps Ports dockyard in Paynesville and they have a couple of welders on staff if I get stuck. Back in the 1780's when I was a rigger I worked for Thomas Walker & Sons and was surrounded by boilermakers and now I wish I had of asked more questions then!
yachtweld3mm

Darrin wrote:Gday mate, i’m A sheet metal guy by trade, mainly fabrication, then ally welding and steel mig a long time ago, now just hobby stuff. Live in Sale, old girl lives in Lakes. Good bunch of knowledge on here, ask away!!!
Thanks Darrin,
I went to welding school at Sale, well Fullham, till the government closed it down.
Yeah I'm compiling a list of questions and have so many I don't know where to start but I reckon one at a time is best.

No problem mate. Best of luck with your welding.