Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Hello,
From a long time student of Welding Tips and Tricks.
Hopefully the two pictures I post are viewable. Plan on posting a more detailed post in the Project section of the forum sometime soon.

Kirk
Attachments
Welding Cart-2.jpg
Welding Cart-2.jpg (95.89 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Welding Cart.jpg
Welding Cart.jpg (68.07 KiB) Viewed 674 times
Learning is the best part of life and the most painful
LanceR
    Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:32 pm

Welcome from Pinnacle, North Carolina.

Your cart is pretty similar to one I was thinking of making a while back. Given the silly cost of most factory carts and how poor the space utilization is I suspect yo will have a lot more usable cart for about half or less what a factory one cost.
LanceR

Miller Multimatic 255
Hypertherm Powermax45 XP
Heck Bevel Mill 4000
Ace fume extractor
Welding/cutting/brazing torches
    Wed Aug 21, 2019 5:43 pm

Yeah, the goal being lots of "fairly organized storage" with the least effort. Was using the drawer cabinet pictured on a wooden dolly for a few months for just my Hobart Mig welder. Then I was itching for the TIG machine and couldn't spare any room for another full cart. So I welded together the angle iron base. Used wheels off some rolling scaffolding(sitting in my shed doing nothing) and bought a few swivel casters. The wooden top is left over flooring. I let the angle iron of the base stick past the back about 7"(rough diameter of Argon cylinder) and made a wood pad to span the gap. Cart is loaded up and just needs a front handle for dragging and pushing and a Tig torch holder. The torch cable that came with my Tig welder is so slinky and flexible that if you just roll it up and hang off the side of the cart the torch will eventually slither to the ground. I guess that's better than the cable being bulky.
Attachments
Weldig Cart 1-3.jpg
Weldig Cart 1-3.jpg (87.5 KiB) Viewed 632 times
Weldig Cart 1-2.jpg
Weldig Cart 1-2.jpg (91.98 KiB) Viewed 632 times
Weldig Cart 1.jpg
Weldig Cart 1.jpg (51.23 KiB) Viewed 632 times
Learning is the best part of life and the most painful