Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
G-ManBart
    Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:24 am

Hey everyone! I've lurked here for a long time and watched a ton of Jody's videos so I figured it was time I officially joined :)
Miller Syncrowave 250DX TIGRunner
Miller Millermatic 350P
Miller Regency 200 W/22A and Spoolmatic 3
Hobart Champion Elite
Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT
    Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:41 am

Welcome G-man.
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

Welcome!

Just before I quit posting to WeldingWeb we were having some discussion about the Evo saw. It was actually a thread Oscar had started as I recall.

You posted the pic of the pin stops on the miter, which was the feature I was looking for in a saw. I did end up getting one. :D

Gonna take it for it's first spin today. I had to wait for quite a while for them to get into stock, but was able to pickup an S380CPS. I haven't put the blade on yet, need to do that and then have some posts for a welding cart I'm building that I will test the saw out on. Basically I will cut 90 degree cuts on the bottom of the posts, and adjust the miter manually in this case for a 1" drop across 18", so that it places the welder facing slightly upward in front.
Collector of old Iron!

Alan
G-ManBart

Oscar wrote:Welcome G-man.
Thanks Oscar!
Miller Millermatic 350P
Hobart Champion Elite
Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT
G-ManBart

TraditionalToolworks wrote:Welcome!

Just before I quit posting to WeldingWeb we were having some discussion about the Evo saw. It was actually a thread Oscar had started as I recall.

You posted the pic of the pin stops on the miter, which was the feature I was looking for in a saw. I did end up getting one. :D

Gonna take it for it's first spin today. I had to wait for quite a while for them to get into stock, but was able to pickup an S380CPS. I haven't put the blade on yet, need to do that and then have some posts for a welding cart I'm building that I will test the saw out on. Basically I will cut 90 degree cuts on the bottom of the posts, and adjust the miter manually in this case for a 1" drop across 18", so that it places the welder facing slightly upward in front.
Nice! I'm glad they got them back in stock and you could get one.

I've been using my saw quite a bit and I'm really glad I have it...I use it a lot more than I expected I would. I'm keeping my eye out for a deal on another steel table and plan to mount the saw with a set of rollers on either end. I have rollers on one side now and it makes life a lot easier with long pieces. If I manage to come up with that setup I'll take pics and start a thread about it.
Miller Millermatic 350P
Hobart Champion Elite
Everlast PowerTIG 210EXT
TraditionalToolworks
    Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:49 am

G-ManBart wrote:Nice! I'm glad they got them back in stock and you could get one.
I just got in from making the first cuts. Pleasantly surprised on the noise, was expecting it to be much louder from what some have said, but in comparison to my wood cutting DeWalt sliding miter saw, it was much quieter. I'm guessing due to the low speed.

This saw is AWESOME! Thanks again for posing that pic with the pin stops. I had sent an email to Jim Wright (Jimbo's Garage on YT) as he has both the Fein and the Evo. He told me the Fein didn't have stops for the miter, so that pretty much sold me on the Evo.
G-ManBart wrote:I've been using my saw quite a bit and I'm really glad I have it...I use it a lot more than I expected I would. I'm keeping my eye out for a deal on another steel table and plan to mount the saw with a set of rollers on either end. I have rollers on one side now and it makes life a lot easier with long pieces. If I manage to come up with that setup I'll take pics and start a thread about it.
I'm going to mount it to my DeWalt miter saw stand, it sets up really quick. I saw Evo sells a miter stand but they mostly show it for the wood cutting saws they sell, although I suspect their metal cutting saws will adapt. I don't know if I'll need to fabricate an adapter plate for the stand mounts, but if I do that won't be that big of a deal. This saw cuts nice! 8-)
Collector of old Iron!

Alan