Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Jgray72690
    Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:59 pm

Hi I am new here. I have a Miller Syncrowave 180 SD and a Lincoln Weldpac 3200 HD wire feeder. I bought the Miller to do TIG on a motorcycle frame but I am finding more uses for it. I bought the Lincoln to weld a section of frame that had broken out on a '92 Suburban where the steering box went. I have since welded a tire rack for go kart tires to roll around my garage and a tire rack for my trailer. I ran across WT&T from a You Tube cross link from a Lincoln video. Recently after watching Jody's TIG vids, I performed the ALUMINUM DRILL. Then after doing that I performed it again... LEFT HANDED!!! I have discovered that I weld better left handed than I do right handed (I am right handed). I am currently working on an aluminum fuel tank for a Sthil Weedeater that is now obsolete. Next I want to make a welding table like the fold up one that Miller makes. I love to play with HIGH VOLTAGE, FIRE AND MOLTEN METAL!!!!! Thanks for a great site JODY!!!!

James
# 57
If I wanted it tomorrow, I'd order it tomorrow!
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, James,

It's addictive, isn't it? Once it all clicks, and you suddenly go from "That'll hold" to "Holy crap, what else can I do with this thing"?

You'll find this forum a great resource, as well. Jody's videos and the main site have become so popular, he has no way to answer every question himself. Here, on the forum, is a HUGE cross-section of the welding trades, including artists, set designers, bike builders, aircraft builders, ship welders, shop welders, boilermakers, pipewelders, etc.

All with a sense of community and mutual respect. The greenest new welder can get advice from a 30-year semiconductor-plant welder, and sometimes the new guy has the answer to a 30-year veteran's problem.

Steve S