Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

The little promo that Jody did for the forum on his last video has really upped the membership here.

Hopefully, you mods can keep everything under control and not let this place turn into something contentious like "other" welding forums. This has been such a friendly get-together kind of atmosphere.

We may have to enact some sort of immigration reform! :lol:

Seriously, a general and genuine "WELCOME" to all the new folks here.
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

GWD wrote:The little promo that Jody did for the forum on his last video has really upped the membership here,,,
Man, no kidding. It's getting to the point it's hard to welcome everyone individually unless you want to spend an hour a day doing it. :)

So I think a blanket WELCOME !!! is in order for all those folks that have just joined "the family"
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

I third that.... :lol: great place to share and obtain knowledge. ;)
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Follow da blue light
    Sat May 11, 2013 3:44 am

AKweldshop wrote: great place to share and obtain knowledge.
Yeah that is until you post something the "clicky crowd" object to and jump on it and take the piss, then its game over. :(

Follow da blue light wrote:
Yeah that is until you post something the "clicky crowd" object to and jump on it and take the piss, then its game over. :(
What do you meen :| explain

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Follow da blue light wrote:
Show me an example. I'll fix it.

Yes, I've seen some mild sarcasm in a reply or two, and may have been guilty of it, myself, as I have a dry sense of humor, but there are no "cliques" here, and it's my job to make sure it stays that way.

Steve S
GWD
    Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:50 pm

HAH! I just knew when I read the post by da blue that it would get a "whaaaat?" response. ;)

Thanks for keeping and eye on the forum and working to maintain civility.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

GWD wrote:Thanks for keeping and eye on the forum and working to maintain civility.
I try.

I've been on weldingweb and millerwelds and a few others.

Nothing pisses me off like some "wannabe golderarm" putting someone down for a simple question.

It doesn't (usually) happen here, and I hope to help keep it that way.

If anyone can show me an example of "A-hole-itis" that I missed, I invite them to do so, so I can fix it. None of us want that crap here.

Steve S

Thanks guys :D blue light had a point,
but hopefully not on this forum.
John

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
jdhudman
    Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:01 pm

New member of the herd here! Having been out of the welding business for a while, I've already picked up several excellent tips from the videos. By the way, the videos are VERY GOOD! I went through the Hobart Structural and Pipe programs back in the early 80s and their videos don't have anything on those found here. Thanks Jody!