Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Hi all, my name is… and I'm a Weld-a-holic. I'm about halfway though Jody’s vids and I already have a full page of must know hints written down. I can’t thank him enough for all the time and work he puts into passing on all the great info. I work as a Millwright and weld as much as I possibly can, then when I don’t get to do enough at work I’m home in the garage tinkering around melting stuff together. Anyway back to the vids!
Last edited by MillwrightWelder on Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forum. Enjoy!
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Well, that job's nothing to sneeze at! ;) Sorry, couldn't resist...

So, what does a millwright do at a tissue mill, and how do you fit welding into your duties? (And keep from burning the place down - I imagine the place is loaded with paper dust.)

Welcome!

Cheers,
Richard
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

MillwrightWelder,
Welcome to the forum. I would also like to know what specific tasks you perform. Sounds interesting.
-Jonathan
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

MillwrightWelder wrote:Hi all, my name is… and I'm a Weld-a-holic. I'm about halfway though Jody’s vids and I already have a full page of must know hints written down. I can’t thank him enough for all the time and work he puts into passing on all the great info. I work at a Tissue Mill as a Millwright and weld as much as I possibly can, then when I don’t get to do enough at work I’m home in the garage tinkering around melting stuff together. Anyway back to the vids!
My wife's father had a friend who made toilet paper out of government documents, stuff so boring no one read them. He'd have thousands of fork lift sized boxes usually full of thousands of copies of one document printed at great expense to taxpayers he ground up and made toilet paper. There's something very appropriate about wiping your .......with government paperwork! Sometimes a staple would make it through. Anytime I was there was Sunday, pretty quiet but one impressive facility. Bio Tech Mills in Greenwich NY. They've been closed about 15 years.
RichardH
    Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:45 pm

Bill Beauregard wrote:There's something very appropriate about wiping your .......with government paperwork! Sometimes a staple would make it through.
Holy moley! I wouldn't want to find that the hard way!

It would have been fitting if he had also been a supplier of TP to the federal government... What goes around comes around.
Grinding discs... still my #1 consumable!
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Welcome to the Forum MillrightWelder.
:lol: :lol:
~John
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:44 pm

Well RichardH, as a Millwright we perform any and all mechanical repairs to the equipment. When the machines break down we pick up the pieces and get them going again. Occasionally when we see fit to make improvements to make things work better and last longer we go ahead and do it. Yes most places around the mill are very dusty. We have some nice welding machines setup and a stocked metal rack to work from. I try to get as much time as possible in the welding shop fabricating things to make life better at the mill. Thanks for all the welcomes!
Bill Beauregard
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:32 pm

RichardH wrote:
Bill Beauregard wrote:There's something very appropriate about wiping your .......with government paperwork! Sometimes a staple would make it through.
Holy moley! I wouldn't want to find that the hard way!

It would have been fitting if he had also been a supplier of TP to the federal government... What goes around comes around.
Probably was, it was sold to institutions in semi truck loads, not super high quality. Low bid product.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum MillwrightWelder.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
dellwas
    Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:11 am

Where on the East Coast are you from? I'm on the South Shore of Nova Scotia...