Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
mateo32
    Thu May 01, 2014 10:58 pm

Whats up everybody, just checking out the forum after ordering my tig fingers :) ... I basically have just one question right now... What is the best auto-darkening welding hood available? I've been looking at the Miller Digital Elite Series and the Miller Titanium Series but I don't know which of those two are better, or what would you recommend...?
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Hey,

Just to confuse you, I'll say the Speedglas9002x or 9100 fx. They are the two largest varients in the respective models. My choice.

Mick
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum mateo32.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Welcome!
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forum.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

mateo32 wrote:Whats up everybody, just checking out the forum after ordering my tig fingers :) ... I basically have just one question right now... What is the best auto-darkening welding hood available? I've been looking at the Miller Digital Elite Series and the Miller Titanium Series but I don't know which of those two are better, or what would you recommend...?
Welcome!

Yes, the Speedglas (by 3M) is the "Cadillac", and it's priced that way... :o

I've read great reviews on the performance of the Miller Elite, with the major complaint being an inadequate headgear, which can be replaced/upgraded. I have yet to read a review on the "titanium series", to my recollection.

Let us know what you go with and why, and what you think of it after you have some hood time.

Steve S
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

mateo32 wrote:Whats up everybody, just checking out the forum after ordering my tig fingers :) ... I basically have just one question right now... What is the best auto-darkening welding hood available? I've been looking at the Miller Digital Elite Series and the Miller Titanium Series but I don't know which of those two are better, or what would you recommend...?
Welcome to the Forum! I am assuming your desire for the auto lens in in fact because of the increased productivity you can in fact receive. I have tried both the Digital and Titanium series and would go with the Titanium series. I demoed a Titanium 9400 PAPR for about two weeks, loved it. The head band was not the newer redesigned one, which I personally did not like, and was quite comfortable. All the functions worked very well and the arc was nice and crisp. Three features I really liked was the external button to activate grind mode, X-mode where the helmet senses the magnetic field, and the helmet has this slow delay back to its regular shade once you stop the arc. Quite nice when the puddle is still red.
To add to the confusion, I personally like the Jackson W60 Truesight ADF. If I were in the market for a helmet today it would be for either the W60 Truesight or the 9400.
Some thoughts.
http://www.millerwelds.com/products/wel ... anium-9400
http://www.millerwelds.com/products/wel ... panel-9400
http://www.kcprofessional.com/products/ ... -adf-black
-Jonathan
mateo32

weldin mike 27 wrote:Hey,

Just to confuse you, I'll say the Speedglas9002x or 9100 fx. They are the two largest varients in the respective models. My choice.

Mick
Thanks Mick I've been borrowing a buddies 9002x, its good. I was told the miller hoods are the best but I want some more feedback before I buy one.
mateo32

Superiorwelding wrote:
mateo32 wrote:
Thanks for the info and the links. When I get a new hood I'll let you guys know what I got and how I like it!