Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Number1weldingfan
    Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:51 pm

My name is Dennis. I am restarting in the welding industry after fifteen years. What is the possibilities of companies hiring a new school grad with no experience versus welder a with experience but got laid off?
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the show Dennis. If you have experience that can be verified you're ahead of the game. Go for it!
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

paul_s
    Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:04 pm

Welcome to the forum.
Number1weldingfan

I just applied to a shipyard job. Is there anyone in the shipyard biz that could give me some field etiquette before I get there? Thanks.
Dennis
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Hey Dennis. I would suggest starting a topic in the General Shop Talk forum as not a lot of folks read the "New Members" forum. Maybe use "shipyard etiquette" for a title and fire away with questions. I know I've read in the past we have current and past members that have worked in the yards and you'll get your answers.
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

chubbysautocenter
    Fri May 16, 2014 4:04 pm

Number1weldingfan wrote:My name is Dennis. I am restarting in the welding industry after fifteen years. What is the possibilities of companies hiring a new school grad with no experience versus welder a with experience but got laid off?
welcome to the forum. its a great sight here. texas is in big demand for welders
I HATE BEING BI POLAR ITS GREAT
Number1weldingfan

Thanks for the tip Fat Bob. I will try that.
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Dennis.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200