Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Welderess
    Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Hello! I've been a follower of Welding Tips and Tricks for many years. Learn and shared the resource videos with my students and friends. Started SMAW and GMAW welding with my father years ago, then developed GTAW skills over time. Enjoy fabrication projects and working through new welding experiences. Looking forward to hopefully getting help here in the forum with questions and being of assistance to fellow welders as well. :) Thank you Jody!!!! Love the TIG finger and promote it to welding students every semester! You Rock!
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Welcome to the forum! You said "students and friends". I assume that means you are a teacher? Would love to see your work here.
-Jonathan
Last edited by Superiorwelding on Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Agreed!

And, Welcome!

There are some other professional instructors here. It should make for an interesting exchange. There are already topics on teaching techniques.

Steve S
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you here :D
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid
    Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:16 am
    Near Pittsburgh,Pennsylvania. Steel Buckle of the Rust Belt

Welcome to the neighborhood.

I had a short discussion today with a female engineer about women in welding. She said she was asked to try it and found that she didn't think she had a steady enough hand to ever be good at it but enjoyed the time she spent trying.

I've encountered a few female welders in my travels and all of them were exceptional and seemed to go about doing their job like they loved it.

We welcome you to comment or ask questions and I for one would like to hear things from your perspective.

Sorry to turn your intro into a commentary.

Len
P.S. a first name is always nicer to personalize a response.
Now go melt something.
Instagram @lenny_gforce

Len
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Welderess
    Tue Dec 09, 2014 5:00 pm

Carrie here...Thank you all for the warm welcome! As an adjunct welding instructor I teach several classes. When I'm not teaching, I'm usually TIG welding at various shops or helping someone. I don't claim to be an expert but I love teaching and welding. My favorite is GTAW. Hope to have time soon to explore the forum more… today I'm off to repair some gun barrels! Fun
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

Carrie,
Get some pics of your gun barrel repair. That would be interesting.
-Jonathan
Artie F. Emm
    Thu Jul 24, 2014 7:53 am

Welcome, Carrie!

You won't remember, but you and I exchanged emails, maybe 2 years ago, when I had questions about the welding curriculum at the community college. Glad to have you on the forum! I'd like to see photos of the barrel repair too, btw.
Dave
aka "RTFM"
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Welderess wrote:Carrie here...Thank you all for the warm welcome! As an adjunct welding instructor I teach several classes.
Where do you teach in Va?
I'm in Lynchburg, Mrs. Jewel Newman runs the welding curriculum at the local community college here. I see a lot of the other Community college instructors attend our local AWS Section meetings.
Welcome.
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welderess wrote:Carrie here...
… today I'm off to repair some gun barrels! Fun
I assume you're referring to some heavy schedule small-bore pipe, like 3/4" XXS, rather than ACTUAL "gun barrels"?

If it's actually gun barrels, I WILL be very interested...

Now that I have a name, I'll say, "Welcome, Carrie!"

Steve S
    Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:34 am

Welcome.
I'm betting gun barrels, as in petroleum separation from salt water.

Sent from my SM-T537R4 using Tapatalk
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

At work we make tank barrels. But they are billet machined. No welding required.
jwright650
    Wed Dec 03, 2014 3:27 pm

Welderess,
I replied to your PM, but I receive a message that you have your PM box set to not receive messages at this time.

Yes, I was teaching (new employees at my previous employer) and I (still) perform personnel Qualifications and Certifications for employers in my area as a TPI.
John Wright
AWS Certified Welding Inspector
NDT Level II UT, VT, MT and PT
NACE CIP Level I Coating Inspector