Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
ShaunBlake
    Fri Jan 02, 2015 12:03 pm

I'm usually a lurker, but when I discovered this forum and saw the participation, responses and quality or advice, I decided to jump right in.

I'm a nubee to welding. I've had coaching and encouragement (in a former life) from a guru welder and burner, but wasn't able to utilize what he taught me. Now, more than half a lifetime later, I need some welding done and don't want to miss the chance to pick up on my education wile I still have some days left.

My first objective will be to wire my garage for a stick welder so I can do some welding on a utility trailer I just bought. Then delete hope to do some fabrication on my garden tractor, a cart, and other projects if my skill increases and the house doesn't burn down.

I've just gotten a couple of great machines, an older Craftsman 230AC and a newer Hobart 230AC. Both are wonderful machines, but so similar that I wouldn't have bought both of them, except... Well, that's another topic for future discussion. <wry grin>
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome!

This IS the place, because no one will dog you for posting anything, including first attempts at any process new to you.

Steve S
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Welcome to the forum. :D
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid