Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
mcpea65
    Thu Jan 21, 2010 12:08 pm

I haven't done any welding to speak of since 1989. I guess I can call myself a newcomer. I bought an HF 90 amp flux core machine and an having a great time with it. Built my first little project, some shelf brackets from the metal I got from the J.F. Lincoln foundation. The first spool of wire went fast. It was Lincoln. Went to the HF wire and got better results. I got another spool from Amazon that comes from Italy and at 2 lbs it is nearly the same price as the Lincoln wire at 1 lb.and I like it even better. The first change was the ground clamp per Jody. I also bought the HF welding table and this with the little machine comprises my entire welding shop so far. I have just been running beads so far using up the box of coupons from the Lincoln foundation. I hope to put together the plane and models that I got with the metal. The lack of enthusiasm for flux core is kind sad I think. It is a lot like what I remember stick welding was when I worked on transit mixers. I had a real hassle getting logged on in part of the size of this keyboard on my 7" tablet but here I am finally. To Jody, I got that little pulse jet fired up and even got it on You Tube. VERY LOUD just as it was supposed to be.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Mcpea65,

This forum is a great place to explore and learn, as we have people from every imaginable welding backgroud here, from art to aerospace.

Steve S
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
ganxtr
    Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:17 pm

a warm welcome from my side
    Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:34 am

Greetings and welcome to the forum.
Cheers.
-Eldon
We are not lawyers nor physicians, but welders do it in all positions!

Miller Dynasty 280DX
Lincoln 210 MP
Miller 625 X-Treme
Hobart Handler 150
Victor Oxygen-acetylene torch
Miller/Lincoln Big 40-SA200 hybrid