Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
    Fri May 01, 2015 2:39 pm

Hello everyone, I'm just getting around to making this introduction post. I'm 17 years old, my name is Josh Adams and I live in Northern Illinois. My HOBBIES include knives, guns, slingshots, hunting, fishing, and trucks. My PASSION is knife making and welding. I'm currently in the local career center welding and manufacturing class as a junior. Primary interest is in tig welding with stick as a close second. Glad to be here to learn all i can! :D

Heres a competition recently hosted by the M.T.I. in Moline, IL. that i got 8th place in (out of ~50 participants). It was primarily 7018 for the the weldment we had to make.

http://www.wacc.cc/?p=2000
I'm in the red flannel.

I don't have any pictures of my welds... want knife pictures?
    Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:30 pm

Welcome to the site Josh. Always room for another person around here. What kind of knives do you make?
Go break something, then you can weld it back the right way.

Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Welcome to the forum Josh.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
    Fri May 01, 2015 2:39 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.
Fat Bob wrote:Welcome to the site Josh. Always room for another person around here. What kind of knives do you make?
Just fixed blades for now. Im planning on doing a sword this summer and eventually folders.

Here's a couple recent ones...

First is 52100 steel and G10 for the handle. The second is also 52100 but with canvas micarta
Attachments
SANY0299.JPG
SANY0299.JPG (38.87 KiB) Viewed 1460 times
SANY0298.JPG
SANY0298.JPG (36.53 KiB) Viewed 1460 times
SANY0349.JPG
SANY0349.JPG (82.19 KiB) Viewed 1460 times
Gunhappy
    Sat Mar 07, 2020 9:36 am

Fat Bob wrote:Welcome to the site Josh. Always room for another person around here. What kind of knives do you make?
Can you please approve my new member posts so I can get some answers?