Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
Version6
    Mon Aug 31, 2015 10:18 am

I'm Rob, just started to learn how to weld at the start of this month. Taking Classes at the local CC. I figured I should probably join a forum too to help find good resources and critics to help me out.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome, Version6,

You've picked a winner with this group. All questions are answered seriously (though sometimes a bit tongue-in-cheek), and no "flaming" is tolerated (though I don't recall any ever occurring).

Consider giving us a first name or nickname that's more personal than "Version6", as this helps us speak like friends and neighbors, rather than FakeBook friends... ;)

Steve S
GreinTime
    Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:20 am

Otto Nobedder wrote:Welcome, Version6,

You've picked a winner with this group. All questions are answered seriously (though sometimes a bit tongue-in-cheek), and no "flaming" is tolerated (though I don't recall any ever occurring).

Consider giving us a first name or nickname that's more personal than "Version6", as this helps us speak like friends and neighbors, rather than FakeBook friends... ;)

Steve S
He starts out with "HI, I'm rob..."
#oneleggedproblems
-=Sam=-
Mike
    Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Rob welcome to the forum.
M J Mauer Andover, Ohio

Linoln A/C 225
Everlast PA 200
Boomer63
    Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:52 am

Welcome, Rob! You have come to the right place! I teach at a CC in Indiana, and have been in the welding and metal trades for over 35 years. Spend some time reading the posts; I guarantee you will learn a lot!
Gary
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

GreinTime wrote:...
He starts out with "HI, I'm rob..."
So he does.

Speed reading does not always pay off...
chriskramer07
    Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:12 pm

Version6 wrote:I'm Rob, just started to learn how to weld at the start of this month. Taking Classes at the local CC. I figured I should probably join a forum too to help find good resources and critics to help me out.

What College are you taking classes at?
    Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:38 pm

Welcome to the Forum. I also just started welding, a few months ago . Very Nice people on here and helpful .