Welcome to the community! Tell us about yourself, your welding interests, skills, specialties, equipment, etc.
MickStephens
    Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Hi everyone,

I have watched a few YouTube videos on welding and did a welding course about 20 years ago during my years at High School. Thats about as far as my experience goes.

Hoping to learn more and purchase my first welder in a couple months.

I am enrolling into Night school after work to learn how to weld and fabricate.

No real view to make it a career, but a hobby at first and see how it goes.

Cheers, Mick :mrgreen:
Poland308
    Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:45 pm

Welcome. I think you Aussies might take over the world the way your multiplying here. :D
I have more questions than answers

Josh
MickStephens
    Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:42 pm

Poland308 wrote:Welcome. I think you Aussies might take over the world the way your multiplying here. :D
I just had a quick browse around and there does seem to be a fair few Aussies in here haha...

Bit of background for me, im 35 with a mortgage and 2 kids. Always been in customer service / sales. Sell used cars for a living at a Franchised dealership (Holden). Looking back I should have got into fabrication / welding and stuck with it as a kid.

Going to take it up as a hobby and see how much I can learn from my shed at home.

Will be mainly focusing on automotive stuff. Dream is to build roll cages for cars and fabricate new floors, fuel cells etc for them.
    Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am

Welcome Mick.

I'm pretty new to this too, currently building everything I can out of round tube because I have found that it is the toughest stuff to Tig - especially small diameter, thin wall aluminium.

Hope you learn a lot on here, I sure have. Some wise and helpful people on these boards who are always ready to help.

Kym,
Harry72
    Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:59 am

3 Aussie's on one post... oi oi oi! :lol:

Welcome to the forum Micko