Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
crazycarl
    Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:03 am

:evil: Hey everyone, I am getting more and more frustrated with LONGEVITY. The salesman told me that my local AIRGAS would have the consumables. "THEY" have never heard of the company and need part numbers etc..

My question is: Where can I purchase (besides directly through Long...) consumables for my torch? I know what you're going to ask, what torch is it? I don't know, I was told it is the IPT-80 and NOT the PT-80 (don't know the difference). I looked it up and it is definitely a model online but there are so many different torches, tips, electrodes and cups that without actual part numbers I may be jacked.

I don't even know if this is what people call a "Trafimet" torch.. how do I know?

Anyway, my torch is rated 80amp, here is a picture of it. The cup has the brass inside, the tips are "drag" style (not standoff) and the elecrodes have a very short threads (not long). I also dropped my torch and bent the "cooling tube", I straightened it but don't have an idea how it functions or if it will be OK or not...

Thanks for your help and sorry I am stressing!
CC
HW!
Attachments
IPT-80 torch (Longevity)
IPT-80 torch (Longevity)
DSC_2379^.jpg (55.2 KiB) Viewed 2941 times
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

CC,
I am not seeing anything out yet to really help for consumables on the IPT-80. It appears that it is still new on the market. Here is a link to the PT-80 as a reference and for what its worth it looks like what is in your picture. Can you turn the torch around and see what model is printed on the handle?
http://www.hispamig.com/pdf/plasma/PT-80.pdf
Also, some of those consumables look just like Thermal Dynamics products. I tried looking up consumables on the net with no luck.
-Jonathan
crazycarl

Superiorwelding wrote:CC,
I am not seeing anything out yet to really help for consumables on the IPT-80. It appears that it is still new on the market. Here is a link to the PT-80 as a reference and for what its worth it looks like what is in your picture. Can you turn the torch around and see what model is printed on the handle?
http://www.hispamig.com/pdf/plasma/PT-80.pdf
Also, some of those consumables look just like Thermal Dynamics products. I tried looking up consumables on the net with no luck.
-Jonathan
Jonathan,
The other side just has a sticker that says "IPT-80", however I can tell you that the torch is standardized. The number printed on the plastic is CE EN 60974-7 which is apparently a "standardized" torch throughout the world.

I found a ton of good diagrams, pdf's etc but without part numbers I can't place an order. I wish Longevity would have just told me this stuff up front, if I cannot find consumables then I will be forced to return the unit and file a greviance through paypal to get my funds reimbursed. I don't want to, I like it.. I like it VERY much... but a plasma without tips, electrodes and cups is worthless!

Thanks,
CC
HW!
gamble
    Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:10 pm

No surprise. My local air gas doesn't know anything about anything.

I wonder if s45 (40 amp) consumables will work. They don't do 80amps, but if you aren't cutting that hot then no big deal.

Got any pics of the consumables? Have you tried to contact George from http://www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com/
    Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:42 am

Call Paul at HTP , I bet will be able to help you.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Post up a pic of the consumables.
Lots of china tips on Ebay.
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
crazycarl

Hey everyone, sorry but my laptop video crapped out on me so I am now using my HDMI with my 32" for internet usage. Not terrible but will have to replace the MB in my laptop. So, back to the topic at hand. Here is a picture of the consumables and the TORCH head, I only took it apart to see if there was some identifying information. Just to let you know I am glad I took the torch apart as one of the cables was pinched and no telling how long before it shorted out.

Funny how the torch head has PT-80 on it but the torch is a IPT-80 and the consumables are def different...

Thanks for all the replies, I don't know who "HTP" is can you give me more info? I will also check the with George @ http://www.georgesplasmacuttershop.com/

I can tell you that I cut my table top and did NOT ruin the tip... it is all about the air pressure, isn't it! lol.
I will post pics of the table top in my other posts as I don't want to start mixing posts... My review will also be in the next post too.

As of now, Longevity has sent me an additional 14 tips, 14 electrodes and 2 cups with no charge due to the mix up with my order. I must say that I am VERY pleased with their follow up and trying to resolve the issues at hand. I have no further negative comments... they have made me very happy EXCEPT for the consumables issue.

Here are the pics.. any additional help would be greatful.. Thanks!
Attachments
DSC_2447.JPG
DSC_2447.JPG (47.56 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
DSC_2446.JPG
DSC_2446.JPG (45.19 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
DSC_2445.JPG
DSC_2445.JPG (62.88 KiB) Viewed 2850 times
Millerismyname
    Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:47 am

image.jpg
image.jpg (45.21 KiB) Viewed 2769 times
That looks very close to a trafimet S-75, the consumables don't look identical but they might work. I haven't looked really close but from first glance they could fit.
Millermatic 212
Thermal Arc 300gtsw w/ foot pedal
Everlast pp50
Craftsman Professional 60gal
Homemade turntable/air driven
Lg 10000 btu portable ac unit(haha)
Too many other tools to list...