Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
    Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:59 pm

Seems like you are giving welding web the gravy and leaving us sloppy seconds.

weldin mike 27 wrote:Seems like you are giving welding web the gravy and leaving us sloppy seconds.

You got an attitude problem bud. :roll:
You had better lay off or you won't even be getting crumbs.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024

My apologies. Just don't want the second rate competition to get first dibs on your interesting projects. And yes I do have an attitude problem.

Mick
pigpen60
    Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:00 pm

I have to say I must have an attitude problem also, who wants to go to a post only to find a link to another site? Ive seen sites where they wouldn't allow links to other sites saying that they are trying to pull folks away from one to another.

pigpen60 wrote:I have to say I must have an attitude problem also, who wants to go to a post only to find a link to another site? Ive seen sites where they wouldn't allow links to other sites saying that they are trying to pull folks away from one to another.
weldin mike 27 wrote:My apologies. Just don't want the second rate competition to get first dibs on your interesting projects. And yes I do have an attitude problem.

Mick

Well guys........ :?
Sorry to stir up crap.
But,
I have some questions that need answered.
Tell me why www.WeldingWeb.com is the second rate outfit.

Give me two reasons.

And link me some threads to back up your reasons.

Trump/Carson 2016-2024
    Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:13 pm

John and the rest of the Welding Tips & Tricks members,
I do not feel this direction will be of any benefit to our members nor the members of Welding Web, to which I am a member also. While we all have our opinions about other forums and we all have a right to that opinion, I feel to express such opinions can lead to more harm than good and can be damaging to the Welding Tips & Tricks forum reputation. Imagine how those members of WW will/might react when they read our opinions of them, especially the bad opinions. I also feel it will be unprofessional to publicly express these opinions. If you want to "discuss" this topic please reserve it to private messages.
-Jonathan

Well diffused. I actually haven't spent more than a few minutes on welding Web, but I know that MANY other forums have our comradeship.
    Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:06 pm

John it looks good! When I first got my Everlast I fired up on some 1/2" at around half power for my machine cut like butter. I do agree with the one guy on there I have a 4' aluminum straight edge that I use for long straight cuts and it works great. I had saved up Sears reward points and got a little 4" combination square for tight spaces. First thing I did was use it as a straight edge. I held it with one hand and my torch with the other. Long story short, hand slipped and cut my square in half. From now on I use something at least 1/4" thick for straight edge :lol:
It's always best to build your own, especially when it comes to hitches!!!
Matt
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Superiorwelding wrote:John and the rest of the Welding Tips & Tricks members,
I do not feel this direction will be of any benefit to our members nor the members of Welding Web, to which I am a member also. While we all have our opinions about other forums and we all have a right to that opinion, I feel to express such opinions can lead to more harm than good and can be damaging to the Welding Tips & Tricks forum reputation. Imagine how those members of WW will/might react when they read our opinions of them, especially the bad opinions. I also feel it will be unprofessional to publicly express these opinions. If you want to "discuss" this topic please reserve it to private messages.
-Jonathan

Well stated!

There is nothing in our mission to either promote or denigrate anyone else's site or forum.

I have no intention of preventing anyone from sharing a link to the other sites and forums, but, PLEASE, let's not make a pissing match out of it. Each to his purpose and place...

Steve S