Metal cutting - oxyfuel cutting, plasma cutting, machining, grinding, and other preparatory work.
Countrywelder
    Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:45 pm

I see that Hypertherm has a new plasma cutter that has it's own air supply. How portable is that? I haven't seen any reports/reviews on it and wonder if anyone in this forum might have purchased or used one already? If so, what are the pros and cons? Thanks.

What's up guys? It's been over two weeks and I was hoping someone, of the two or three people in the world who have one of these, would report on it's performance. The idea of an onboard air supply is really nice, but only if it performs well. A comparison to the 30XP would be nice. Does the failure to see a review mean it is not great, just OK, or below expectations?
Last edited by Countrywelder on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:30 pm

Pretty reasonable price in my opinion.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/HYPERTHERM-0880 ... 43d90a757a
Just a couple welders and a couple of big hammers and torches.

Men in dirty jeans built this country, while men in clean suits have destroyed it.
Trump/Carson 2016-2024
Countrywelder
    Thu Oct 23, 2014 7:45 pm

What's up guys? It's been over two weeks and I was hoping someone, of the two or three people in the world who have one of these, would report on it's performance. The idea of an onboard air supply is really nice, but only if it performs well. A comparison to the 30XP would be nice. Does the failure to see a review mean it is not great, just OK, or below expectations?
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

CountryWelder,

I think you're asking too small a group to find an owner. While we are a fair-sized group, maybe a hundred are active participants, and fewer than 50 are "very active".

Even on Amazon, there is only one posted review, here:
http://www.amazon.com/Hypertherm-Powerm ... B003I6J3VA

A li'l googling will dig up more, as I got many hits for "hypertherm powermax 30 review" on bing.

Steve S
jimcolt
    Fri Apr 24, 2015 12:11 pm

The Powermax30 Air has only been available for just over 2 months...it is a brand new product. Therefore....there are not a whole lot of users yet, although I have one in my home shop. I'll be happy to answer any specific questions....I do work for Hypertherm, but am not here to promote.

Jim Colt
Last edited by jimcolt on Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
soutthpaw
    Thu Sep 18, 2014 12:14 pm

I will vouch for Jim, he has been active on Welding Web for years and is a great source of knowledge on all things plasma.
    Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:40 pm

Thank you, soutthpaw,

While I never doubted his (Jim Colt) intent, as he was clear from the start about who he was, your endorsement is greatly appreciated.

It's a "confidence" thing for the membership.

Steve S